Selling your timeshare
- Timeshare is not a financial investment and it is generally unrealistic to assume you will sell for the original purchase price
- Sales rely on supply and demand and it may take time to find a buyer
- Before selling, check that your maintenance fees are up-to-date. Failure to do so could result in repossession
- You should also make sure that the membership certificate - or escritura document - is available
- If you own points, check the resale procedures with the developer as you may need to transfer the points back to a week before selling – this process can take some time.
RDO (Resort Development Organisation) has a lot of useful tips if you want to sell your timeshare. Go to their website via the link to the right side of this page.