Fake tickets to UEFA Euro in circulation
Between June 10th and July 10th 2016, the UEFA European Football Championship will take place in France. Match tickets are only available via the official UEFA Ticket Platform: euro2016.tickets.uefa.com
Despite this, ECC Austria has already dealt with cases of faked or not delivered tickets and claims regarding fraudulent traders. As a warning to other consumers, ECC Austria has summarized important advice regarding how to buy online tickets safely:
Buying tickets for UEFA Euro 2016
- Order your tickets only at the official ticket platform of the UEFA.
- Print all the information about the order process and hold on to them so that you have proof in case of a dispute. Screenshots may also be a good idea.
- Do not trust exceptional or exclusive offers on the internet or ticket offers for sold-out events.
- It happens that ticket offices have miscalculated the quotas and are not able to process all orders according to the contract. In this case you are not required to accept unreasonable compensation packages (tickets in the cheapest category or even for another match), but can reclaim the purchase price.
- If you have paid for the tickets by credit card and these were not delivered, please contact your credit card issuer regarding the payment in question and ask in writing – after the event date – for a refund of the ticket because of the other party's failure to provide the agreed service.
- If you have not received tickets and if recovery of the purchase price did not succeed, your only option is to place a complaint to the police.