Other authorities that can help you

Updated: 8/7/2019

ECC Sweden can give you information regarding cross-border commerce within the EU and can be of assistance if you have problems after having purchased goods or services from another EU/EES country.

But there are many other networks and authorities that can be of help to you:

The Swedish Bar Association's Consumer Dispute Board

The Swedish Bar Association's Consumer Dispute Board is a board for alternative dispute resolution, where you can turn if you are in a dispute with a lawyer or law firm.

Go to the Swedish Bar Association's Consumer Dispute Board's website via this link. (The information on this website is presently only available in Swedish)

Your local consumer advisor – if you have purchased a product or a service from a Swedish trader

In most municipalities there are consumer advisors that can give you advice in individual cases and disputes with Swedish traders. The advice service is free and impartial.

Go to Hallå konsument, The Swedish Consumer Agency's national information service, to find your local consumer advisor. 

Your Europe – if you want information regarding your rights and possibilities in EU's internal market

"Your Europe" is an information site with links to various websites. The site targets individuals as well as traders. As an individual you can get information on what it is like to live, work and study in another EU country.

As a trader you can get information on how a business can be conducted in another EU country, for example in terms of company registration, public procurement, taxation, opportunities for funding and labour laws etc.

Your Europe Advice - if a problem has occurred on EU's internal market

Your Europe Advice is an EU advice service for the public, currently provided by the legal experts from the European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) operating under contract with the European Commission.

The advice service works closely with SOLVIT, a problem-solving network that deals with problems between individuals or companies and the authorities in another country in cases where there is a possible misapplication of EU law. 

Enterprise Europe Network – if you have a small or medium sized company.

Enterprise Europe Network helps small and medium sized companies to take advantage of the Swedish EU membership and the benefits of the internal market.

The aim is to promote local and regional growth. Enterprise Europe Network can be found in about 20 places in Sweden. 

Europe Direct – if you want general information about EU.

Europe Direct is an information network with 500 offices around Europe, of which 18 are based in Sweden.

The network provides free information on EU, EU literature, official documents, data bases and newsletters. 

The European Ombudsman – if you want to file a complaint against an EU institution.

The European Ombudsman investigates complaints about maladministration in the institutions and bodies of the European Union. If you are a citizen of a Member State of the Union or reside in a Member State, you can file a complaint to the European Ombudsman.

Businesses, associations or other bodies with a registered office in the Union may also complain to the Ombudsman. 

The European Judicial Network in civil and commercial matters – if you want information regarding private law and public law in different Member States.

The European Judicial Network in civil an commercial matters is a website, run by the European Commission, that targets individuals and companies.

It provides information on how civil law and elements of public law is structured in the different Member States of the European Union, with regards to divorce, enforcement of judgments, legal aid, bankruptcies etc. 

FIN-NET – if you are in a dispute with a trader in another EU country after having bought cross-border financial services.

FIN-NET is a financial dispute resolution network of national out-of-court complaint schemes in the European Economic Area countries (the European Union Member States plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) that are responsible for handling disputes between consumers and financial services providers, i.e. banks, insurance companies, investment firms and others.

SOLVIT – if you feel that an authority in an EU/EES country has prevented you from taking advantage of your rights in the internal market.

If you consider that an authority in an EU/EEA country has prevented you from exercising your rights in the Internal Market, you can turn to Solvit. Solvit helps you to solve the problem in the simplest and the best possible way. This service is free of charge.