Updated: 8/7/2019

If you are in a dispute with a trader in another EU country, and you do not want to take it to court, there are other options. 

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) schemes or an out-of-court mechanism involves an organization which aims to solve disputes without going to court.

Out of court mechanism are different in different countries within the EU. In some countries there are ADR organizations who only handle one specific topic.

Allmänna reklamationsnämnden (ARN) (the National Board for Consumer Disputes).
In Sweden you can turn to the National Board for Consumer Disputes which is a public authority that handles disputes between consumers and traders.

Use the link to the right on this page to read more about the National Board for Consumer Disputes.