Our legal advisers. From the left: Robin, Charlotte, Gustaf, Karolin, Iwona, Magnus and Fanny.
The first thing you need to do is to contact the trader.
The case might solve itself directly if you let the trader know what you are dissatisfied with. If you are unsure of what phrases to use, please feel free to use our complaint guide.
Find the answer to your question in our interactive FAQ
In our interactive FAQ you will receive an answer within 24 hours. If someone else has asked a similar question, we have written a reply. Write the name of the trader, (or another word that describes your problem, in the search box, and all the questions previously answered, turns up).
- Go to the interactive FAQ (Swedish)
File a complaint via our complaint form or via e-mail
If you have documentation/written proof to send to us, you can file your complaint via our complaint form or via e-mail.
Contact us by phone
You are, of course, welcome to contact us on during our telephone hours. However, we want to alert you that the telephone queues are long at times. We have recently changed telephone system and that has caused some disruptions. We apologise for this, and we hope that it will work smoothly shortly.
Call ECC Sweden
- Mondays 1 pm-4 pm and Tuesday–Friday 9 am-12 pm. The telephone number is: 054-19 41 50.
I am in a dispute with a trader
- If you are in a dispute with a trader you can bring civil action against the trader in court.
- There are also alternative ways to solve a dispute, in many cases they are cheaper and easier than going to court.
- If you have a claim against a trader in another EU-country, you can apply for a European Order for Payment.
- If your dispute is cross-border, and your claim is of low value, you may want to consider taking an action under the European Small Claims Procedure.
I have shopped from Sweden or outside of the EU, Norway or Iceland
If you have shopped from Sweden, or outside of the EU, Norway or Iceland, we cannot handle your case. However, we are happy to direct you to an organisation / authority that can help you.